Back to top

Textile Collection Max Berk

History and tradition
Technique and industry
The textile collection was founded in 1978 by the Heidelberg

manufacturer Max Berk. It is idyllically situated in the Neckar

valley and has been affiliated with the Kurpfälzisches Museum

since 1 January 2002. The collection is located in the former

Protestant church in Ziegelhausen, built in 1733 by J.J. Rischer,

and adjacent vicarage. The exhibition area today is approximately

600 m².

The museum is divided into several sections, although several

of these sections, including the extensive array of women's

costumes from the 18th to the 20th century and a small collection

of doll's houses, are not always on display. The sections permanently

open to visitors house exhibits from outside Europe, such

as textiles from India, batiks from Java, ikats from Bali and

relics from Peruvian graves, plus antique patchwork quilts from

England and the US from the 19th and 20th century, which

form one of the main focuses of the Max Berk textile collection.

The regular special exhibitions, such as the European Quilt
Triennial, always attract many visitors.
Textile Collection Max Berk
Textile Collection Max Berk
Textile Collection Max Berk
Opening hours

WED, SAT, SUN 13.00-18.00

Group visitations after advanced announcement possible outside those times
Textile Collection Max Berk
Brahmsstraße 8
+49 6221 80 03 17

49.417666, 8.761197