Textilsammlung Max Berk

Heidelberg
Germany
Textile Collection Max Berk
Textile Collection Max Berk
Textile Collection Max Berk
History and tradition
The textile collection was founded in 1978 by the Heidelberg manufacturer Max Berk. It is idyllically situated in the Neckar valley and has been affiliated with the Kurpfälzisches Museum since 1 January 2002. The collection is located in the former protestant church in Ziegelhausen, built in 1733 by J.J. Rischer, and adjacent vicarage. The exhibition area today is approximately 600 m².
The museum is divided into several sections, although several of these sections, including the extensive array of women's costumes from the 18th to the 20th century and a small collection of doll's houses, are not always on display. The sections permanently open to visitors house exhibits from outside Europe, such as textiles from India, batiks from Java, ikats from Bali and relics from Peruvian graves, plus antique patchwork quilts from England and the US from the 19th and 20th century, which form one of the main focuses of the Max Berk textile collection.
The regular special exhibitions, such as the European Quilt
Triennial, always attract many visitors.

49.417666, 8.761197

Address

Textilsammlung Max Berk

Brahmsstraße 8
69118
Heidelberg
Germany
Opening hours
Open all year from
Wednesday: 13:00-18:00
Saturday - Sunday: 13:00-18:00

Closed on
Contact and additional information
+49 6221 80 03 17

Currently in this museum

Ulrike Hartrumpf: Filzoberfläche
Exhibition
Heidelberg
,
Germany

Organized by Bärbel Helfrich and Ulrike Hartrumpf, the exhibition FokusFILZ presents multifaceted objects and images. These give insight into the diverse creative freedom that the material felt has to ...

Gay Lasher: First Moment, Foto Künstlerin
Exhibition
Heidelberg
,
Germany

Abstract art uses the pure elements and principles of design to evoke emotions and thoughts in the viewer. Because it is so free and untethered from the real world, the diversity of abstract art is ...