Hirschwirtscheuer was constructed by the Hohenlohe court bricklayer Johann Georg Scharpf (1726-1785) in 1760 as residential building with barn. Later, it was merely used as a barn and before 1986 was in a condition that could not be preserved any longer. In 1988/89, a new building was therefore erected according to old plans on the historic vaulted cellar roof that today is accessible to the public in its function as art museum in Künzelsau.
The Myth of Normality
Art by special people in the Würth Collection
For a long time now, the Würth Collection has possessed numerous works by artists, who due to their special traits are regarded as disabled by society. This display shows impressively that normality is itself a myth and that art knows no disability.