Back to top

Opera!

Three Centuries of Creation in Nancy
Exhibitions

The exhibition Opéra! retraces 310 years of artistic history in the heart of the ducal city. Since the 18th century, there have been no fewer than three successive concert halls here. In 1709, a first opera house was inaugurated in the vicinity of the ducal palace. It was built for Duke Leopold of Lorraine, based on plans by Francesco Bibbiena, the famous Italian architect and scenographer, and was regarded as one of the most beautiful halls in Europe. From 1722 on, it was increasingly neglected, and under the rule of Stanislas Leszczynski, the last duke of Lorraine, was replaced by a new hall at the Place Royale, which welcomed the citizens of Nancy for 151 years until it was burnt to the ground in a great fire in 1906.
Opera!
Opera!

Du mardi au dimanche, de 10h à 18h
From
until
Address
3 rue Victor Poirel
54000
Nancy
+33 3 83 32 31 25

48.690508, 6.177035