History and tradition
The building, constructed in 1486 and partially altered in the 19th century, served as the chancellery for the medieval town hall of Hagenau. The folk art collections are housed on the upper stories. A fine set of local 19th-century costumes is particularly noteworthy. Also on display are household wares, collections of wine-barrel spigots or of locks (15th to 18th centuries), as well as a wealth of popular images and eglomises (paintings on glass). A traditional interior has been re-created on the second floor: the potter's house is complete with kitchen, “Stube” or living-room and workshop.
15/09 to 30/06 : WEN-SUN 14.00-17.30
01/07 to 15/09 : WEN-SUN 10.00-12.30 and 13.30-17.30
Closed: 1/01, Easter Sunday, 1/05, 1/11, 25/12
1 place Joseph Thierry
+33 3 88 06 59 99